I wanted to share with you guys what I think is the absolute best day-of-shooting schedule, and this is for any portrait photographer.
First of all, what's a day-of-shooting schedule? It is a schedule you should keep any time you have a photo shoot. This is gonna come in really handy to make sure that you start on time, finish on time and produce a consistent result. And once you start getting lots and lots and lots of bookings, you can actually do more than one photo shoot per day. I know, crazy right?
Okay, so here is my ultimate day-of-shooting schedule:
- Client shows up for the shoot
- Client goes to hair and makeup (takes about an hour)
- Client comes to the studio and I give them a tour
- If client hasn’t signed the contract already, they do that
- Client shows me their outfits
- Do the photo shoot (usually around an hour)
- We break for 30 to 60 minutes while I cull and quickly do a brief edit, no retouching or anything like that on their images.
- We view and order their pictures.
So, in four hours from start to finish I have completed a client from start to actual payment in hand. I personally think this is the absolute best day-of-schedule and you can see now how you could do multiple shoots in a day. My go-to times to shoot at are about 9:00 a.m. and about 2:00 or 3:00 p.m.
I really hope that you guys like this. If you like this, comment “love” below this video and tag any photographer friends that you think would benefit from knowing this day-of-shooting schedule as well.