How Did a Small-Town Wedding & Family Photographer
Grow a Thriving BOUDOIR Photography Business
That Consistently Earns 6-Figures Every Year?
I’m Molly Marie, and if you’re interested in starting and building a profitable boudoir business WITHOUT spending every waking moment working…you are in the right place!
I started my photography business 8 years ago with just 81 cents to my name. I knew I wanted a job doing what I loved. Don’t we all? We all want to love waking up in the morning.
What I didn’t know… was that having a successful and profitable photography business would take more then me just being able to take stunning photographs for my clients.
I didn’t know it would take lugging 50+ pounds of equipment to remote wedding locations.
I didn’t know it would take driving hours upon hours every weekend to receptions, while my friends and family had fun together spending time together… without me.
I didn’t know it would take editing photos until late into the night, long after my own fiance had gone to bed, because I had to PACK my schedule with families and kids just to make ends meet.
I didn’t know that owning a photography business would make me start to hate photography. I was burned out…and wondering if my growing business was really worth it. Because I was missing out on life.
I became determined to change that.
I had just stumbled onto this whole “boudoir thing”…and I LOVED it. I began to think..
“What if I could do this full time?
What if I could support myself shooting the kind of photography that I love?
What if I could get my life back without giving up my business?”
Fast forward to today…
This past year I was able to attend all my family functions. I traveled to Las Vegas, Idaho, Florida, Switzerland, and Greece. I also took a two week vacation for Christmas, and I have a 3-week vacation coming up to tour France.
And I do it all while I watch my bank account grow.
If you’re feeling overworked, like you’re not spending enough of your time on other important things outside of work, it’s time to change your life. I went from shooting every day and weekends to shooting twice a week yet profiting twice as much as I was before.
I’m not telling you this to brag. I’m telling you this to show you that it is possible to set up a profitable boudoir photography business. Whether you’re a brand new business owner or have been shooting for years and are simply ready to make the change to boudoir, I can help you grow a business you love.
“But won’t I lose clients once I change my prices + business plan?”
Yes. You will lose SOME clients (who aren’t your ideal clients), but you will gain MORE clients, and more
clients that are your IDEAL clients. It’s actually a GOOD thing to lose some clients!
This in turn will make your business more profitable and decrease the amount of wrinkles about to be
added to your forehead. 🙂
So…how did I do it all? How did I organize a successful BOUDOIR business, that makes six figures annually, even in a small town in Wisconsin?
BOUDOIR BUSINESS 101 CAMP
Boudoir Business 101 Camp is a 4-week online course that teaches everything you need to know to set up a boudoir business from scratch.
What exactly is Boudoir Business 101 Camp? Follow along with my training modules, and by the end of the 4 weeks, you’ll have…
- A solid, implementable business plan
- A profitable price list
- Business clarity and goals
- My complete boudoir session guide
- A stunning portfolio
And…most importantly…a new boudoir business that makes money and makes you happy!
So let’s break it down to what you really get every week…
“Laying the Groundwork
In our first week together, we’re going to completely organize your life and business goals. You will set benchmarks to hit in terms of both finance and happiness! This module includes:
- VIDEO #1: Setting Personal Goals – This is the foundation for your success. We’re going to use your personal goals to not only build a profitable business…but to make sure it is a business you love.
- VIDEO #2: Setting Business Goals – With this second video, we’re going to jump right into building your business. Together, we’ll come up with a plan to take you from 0 to profitable as a boudoir photographer.
- 2 Goal-Setting Workbooks – These downloadable workbooks will help you follow along with my goal setting videos. It takes all of the guesswork out of Week 1. You just write down your answers and you’ll be well on your way to SUCCESS!
- 2 Goals Collage Templates – If you are a visual person, these templates are for you! They’ll help you better understand your personal style and dreams so you can actually turn them into realities.
- My Financial Goal Spreadsheet – I get it. Finances scare a lot of people. We just want to shoot! So I’ve made it super easy to just pop in your numbers based on how much you want to make. No more wondering whether or not you’re going to be profitable!
- My “Monthly Money” and “Yearly Money” Goal Worksheets – Again, if finances scare you a little, don’t worry! These two additional worksheets make it really easy for you to figure out how much you should be making to meet your goals. You want a six-figure boudoir business? We can make that happen!
- Recording of a Live Q&A Call – In this recording, I go over real-life goal questions from photographers just like you!
By the end of the week, you’ll be motivated and have a clear plan about what you want to achieve with your business…and how to get there!
Our second week together is all about the skills you need to become a successful boudoir photographer. These are some of my most-requested lessons! Whether you are a new photographer looking to start out in boudoir or already have a photography business, but are looking to transition to boudoir, this module is for you. You’ll get:
- VIDEO #3: How to Run a Boudoir Session from Start to Finish – If you are new to boudoir, you are going to LOVE this guide. I go over my complete method for working with clients in this video, so you know exactly what to do to make your clients happy and ready to spend money on your products.
- VIDEO #4: Building Your Boudoir Portfolio – Your portfolio is going to land you tons of new clients. But what if you don’t have a portfolio yet? In this video, I go over exactly how you can build your portfolio, including what to put in it to maximize your sales.
- VIDEO #5: Having the Confidence to Shoot Boudoir – Feeling a little unsure of yourself? That attitude will 100% affect how much your clients spend. In this video, I go over how to build your confidence, even if you’re new, and how to make sure that your clients feel comfortable too!
- 3 Downloadable Guides – The video lessons in this module are so important for your success that I’ve turned them into downloadable guides. You can print them out or pull the text up on your phone anytime you’re shooting to make sure you’re on the right track!
- 10 Best Selling Poses (Volume One) ebook – I’m throwing in one of my most popular ebooks! This guide will give you my personal recommendations for 10 boudoir poses that sell like hotcakes.
When you’re done with Week 2, you’ll have everything you need to start shooting boudoir, even if you’ve never shot a single boudoir session in your life! You’ll have the confidence and tools you need to make it happen, so you can focus on growing your business during Week 3 & 4!
“Your Business Mission”
During Week 3, we really get serious and take a look at exactly how you’re going to grow your boudoir business from the ground up. We’ll determine your ideal client, write a mission statement, and implement a business plan that really works. During this week, you’ll get:
- VIDEO #7 (part 1): Determining Your Ideal Client – If you don’t know your ideal clients, it is going to be nearly impossible to succeed as a boudoir photographer…but don’t panic! This video will walk you through the entire process of figuring out exactly who your ideal client is.
- VIDEO #7 (part 2): Writing Your Business Mission Statement – Once you’ve worked through my ideal client lesson, we’re going to use that information to write your business mission statement together. This will be the backbone of your business and will be responsible for bringing in MOST of your sales.
- A Module Notebook – Follow along with Video #7 using this handy downloadable notebook. It makes learning easy!
- My Ideal Client Workbook – When we’re talking about your ideal client, you’re going to want to pull up this workbook. Just fill it out along with me, and together, we’ll figure out whom you should be targeting with your marketing so that you GAIN CLIENTS and SAVE MONEY!
- My Business Mission Worksheet – If business plans intimidate you, don’t worry! I’ve made writing a mission statement really easy with this worksheet. Just fill out your answers, and your mission statement will nearly write itself.
- My Handy Implementation Checklist – Feel like you’re falling behind? Get caught up with my implementation checklist! It will keep you motivated as you finish Week 3 and move on to Week 4, the final module in business camp.
- Recording of a Live Q&A Call – I go over real-life mission statement questions in this call, submitted by photographers just like you.
When you’re done, you’ll be well on your way to finishing a new business plan that you can start implementing TODAY in order to start making money as a boudoir photographer.
“Creating Your Perfect Price List
Stumped about what products to offer and – more importantly – how much to charge? Boy, do I have a module for you! Our final week together will be all about creating perfect profitable pricing (say that five times fast) so you can see your bank account grow! In this module, you’ll get:
- VIDEO #8: Profitable Pricing – In this final camp video, we’re going to talk about everyone’s favorite topic: pricing! This is how you will make your money. If you’re struggling to make ends meet or just don’t know how to take your photography side-business/hobby to the next level, my pricing video is going to be your best friend.
- A Module Notebook – Follow along with this downloadable module notebook, so you can take notes and – more importantly – take ACTION after the video is done.
- Your Offerings Workbook – What products should you be offering to clients? We’ll talk about how to maximize sales, and this workbook will walk you through how to create your very own products and packages that will boost your sales.
- My Pricing Financial Spreadsheet – Remember those goals I talked about setting in Week 1? Now, we’re going to make those goals a reality. All you have to know is how much money you want to make. This financial spreadsheet allows you to plug in your numbers so you can make sure that your pricing is going to allow you to earn what you deserve.
- My Easy Pricing Template – Introducing new products? Want to raise your prices? This template will make it super easy for you to price your products for YEARS to come.
Finish this final lesson, and you’ll have a complete price list with all of your offerings – and it will be set up in a way that you can make the income you really deserve!
At the risk of sounding completely cliche…
But Wait, There’s More!
I wanted to create a Business 101 camp that was ultra valuable, so I asked a few friends to help me out with some special BONUS videos.
You’ll not only get access to my focused, actionable tips, but you’ll also hear from some of the top boudoir photographers in the business.
These bonus videos ALONE make the price of admission well worth it. I’m not too proud to say that I personally learned so much when filming them with my boudoir photographer friends – and you’re getting them for free just as a “thank you” for signing up for Boudoir Business 101 Camp!
Check it out what you’re getting:
Christine is an Avenger of Sexiness! What the heck does that mean? It means that she can teach you how to feel absolutely confident as a photographer and business owner!
I recorded this awesome bonus video with Christine because one of the questions I get the most is this: “How can I have the confidence to shoot boudoir?”
By the end, you’re going to be armed with tips that will quiet any self-doubt you are feeling so you can completely rock as a photographer…and in all areas of your life!
Yes, you can shoot boudoir if you are male! Chris is living proof that you can successfully run a boudoir business, and in this video he talks about the challenges of shooting as a male.
In addition, we go over finding your ideal client, which gives you even more details about our Week Three lesson. If you’re struggling to fill your schedule, this video will help.
This 101-shoot lesson from Chauntelle Janzer (Opie) is a preview of my upcoming Boudoir Shooting Camp!
If you’re interested in learning more about how to shoot better, this is an awesome bonus video that you don’t want to miss. She goes over her “rotisserie chicken” shooting technique that cracks me up – and really works!
My friend Jamie is amazing. She’s a mother, a photographer, and a kick-ass business owner who runs circles around most people. She gets more done in one day than some people do in an entire month!
And more importantly, she loves her life.
So how does she have time for her business and her family? Well, in this video, Jamie shares her best secrets, including how saying NO can actually help you grow!
I put Amy’s tips into effect on my own website and…BOOM. They really work!
I promise, if you listen to Amy, you’re going to start getting a lot more bookings without doing any additional marketing. She’s going to teach you how to make your website work for you.
Best of all, these are tips you can implement right away. Sign up for Boudoir Business 101 Camp, work on making your website better tonight, and you could be earning more money as a photographer immediately!
Andra is the queen of branding, and a total bundle of energy. Every time I finish talking with her, I feel so motivated to get stuff done!
When you’re starting a new boudoir business, branding is super important. In fact, if you don’t think about how you’re branding your business, it could be a mistake worth thousands of dollars! So, this is a bonus video, you’re aren’t going to want to miss.
Jamie interviewed me about my experience with Tradeshows…and these tips and tricks are gold.
I’m going to teach you my EXACT method for booking dozens of clients with tradeshows, easily worth the price I pay for the booth over and over again.
And on top of that, this video covers how to make money with tradeshows even if you can’t attend!
Plus…I’m Not Stopping There…
You’re getting another bonus from me – a “Week Five” video and several downloadable resources that will teach you how to implement everything you’ve learned in my camp. Because my tips and techniques will not help you if you don’t actually take action!
So, bottom line, is this camp for you?
If you’re ready to stop procrastinating, gain clarity, start earning your worth, know your business message, and start achieving your dream goals… Then yes.
If you want to finally have a rock solid business plan that will launch you into owning a successful boudoir business…Then yes, this camp is for you.
If you’re not THAT serious about your business, don’t really want to make money, and want to keep photography as your hobby, then this course is not for you.
Still on the fence? Lucky for you, I’m offering a FULL 30-day guarantee!
If you enroll on Boudoir Business 101 Camp and decide it’s not for you, simply request a refund within 30 days of purchase and I will happily give you your money back.
Because here’s the thing…I am so sure that my techniques really work that I’m willing to put my money where my mouth is!
- Are you ready to start building a photography business you love?
- Are you ready to spend weekends and evenings with your family again instead of hearing about the fun they had without you?
- Are you ready to see your bank account grow, because you’re getting paid what you’re actually worth?
I think Boudoir Business 101 Camp is great…but you don’t have to take my word for it!
Check out what others are saying:
|“Since your Boudoir Business course I have implemented the structure on all my portrait sessions. My sales are now averaging around $1800 per client! Can’t wait to go through this next course of yours!”
– Heather, Vallentyne Photography, California
|“The worksheets that broke down how to price my products and services (how much to pay myself per hour) really helped open my eyes to see just how hard I was working and how little I was actually making per hour.”
– Sarra, Sarra Nelson Photography, California
|“The best part was having you help me make a plan and set goals, and then giving me the tools to reach my goals. Molly, you are exactly what my business needed, thank you!”
– Lori, Lori Lewis Photography, Minnesota
|“Molly helped me raise my sales x6 within the first week of implementing her pricing and tips. I truly can’t thank her enough!”
– Molly, Molly Silvernale Photography, Wisconsin
|“You are simply wonderful! Boudoir Business Camp is one of the best business decisions and investments I’ve made! […] It’s incredible how much my confidence has gone up since I started this course just yesterday. I now believe I actually can be a business person instead of just avoiding the business side of it all together like I usually do! I feel like I’m listening to a best friend giving me advice. You’re an awesome teacher. Thank you again!” “
-April, Ribbon and Lace Photography, Washington
|“You are truly amazing at what you do and I can tell you love doing it. Saying thank you is not enough for what you have done for me. You are honestly an amazing individual and I am beyond blessed that you have given me the knowledge to help my business grow and thrive!”
– Marie, Walkowski Photography, Wisconsin
|“Boudielicious Biz Camp was a valuable course that helped guide my business in the right direction. I recommend this course for anyone who is serious about their future success as boudoir photographers. Thank you, Molly Marie!!”
– Krisandra, The Lacy Lens, Indiana